ROTOBO (The Japan Association for Trade with Russia & NIS)
A unique organization in Japan engaged in promotion of trade and business cooperation between Japanese enterprises and former socialist countries of Eurasia. The association has nearly 200 member companies including trading firms, manufacturers, banks, securities companies, industrial associations, transportation and shipping companies, local governments and so on.
NURIS (Nazarbayev University Research and Innovation System)
An organization that serves as a bridge from research and development to business application and practice at Nazarbayev University, and conducts incubation activities and acceleration programs.
The representative of NURIS described
how they promote innovation activities at the event
On this virtual event, Japanese companies and venture investors watched 6 startup pitches, which were selected by NURIS. The startups were:
- Teachers Lab - An online marketplace where teachers buy and sell original teaching materials.
- okoo - An online educational platform for schools to help teachers conduct better computer science classes.
- Optoculus - Fiber optic security system.
- E-MOTION - An online platform that helps people to achieve their goals through participating in various challenges.
- OpusPlace - SaaS B2B office management platform that lets your business run its office the smoothest way.
- HCF(Hydrogenated Coal Fuel) - Converting coal into liquid hydrogenated fuel, which is cheaper, more environmentally friendly and has a higher energy value than coal and gas.
Online training and Virtual pitch sessionThis was not just online pitch session, but also the complex of online training program and virtual pitch session for "Japan market entry". The program started in April. It included the following online activities for startups:
- Kickoff webinar "How to make a great video pitch?"
- Video lectures by Japanese experts about "Japan market entry"
- Pitch training
- Mentoring sessions by Japanese experts
Mentoring sessions were supported by the following japanese mentors: Ikuo Ogawa(Lead Expert, Skylight Consulting Inc.), Kenichi Sakaguchi(Founder & Executive Director, Technosolution Co. Ltd), Noriko Yamada(General Director, PJL Inc.), Hiroshi Makino(CEO, SAMI VIDEO PITCH)
Mentoring session was held at Zoom
On July 13, 60 people participated in this virtual pitch event. The participants came from Japan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Estonia and even from India!
The program showed high NPS score by startups - 66.6!
You can watch the event highlight:
For those who couldn't take part in the event, we created a catalog page where all the pitch videos are presented with the project details. Sharing this link is highly welcomed!