VIRTUAL REVERSE PITCH - is a unique format that allows startups to evaluate and choose suitable companies for cooperation.
How it works: startups participated in the online event, watched pitches from Japanese companies that talked about the projects they were looking for, and requested a meeting with a speaker in real time. After the event, the Japanese companies reviewed the applications and chose which startups they would like to meet with.
The event was streamed as a LIVE on the demio platform, but all the speakers' pitches were pre-recorded using our SAMI VIDEO PITCH platform.
This approach allowed us to avoid technical problems and preserve the possibility of communication between the audience and the speakers.
Pre-recorded reverse pitch through SAMI VIDEO PITCH
was easily streamed on demio platform.
Five Japanese companies made a reverse pitch to startups:
- NTT Russia - NTT is one of the largest telecom companies in the world. Its Russian representative office is developing the closed network "Arcstar", which covers more than 150 countries around the world.
- Technosolution is a software company that is a subsidiary of Tairiku Trading, which pioneered Japanese-Russian trading business.
- TalentEx is a Japanese IT startup that connects developers and Japanese IT companies. The company runs CyberSamurai, an educational and entertaining community for those interested in Japan and IT.
- Ricoh Rus - Ricoh is a leading service and solution provider for document management, IT infrastructure, commercial and industrial printing services, communication services, and industrial systems.
- Unixon Systems is a software company that has been developing IT system for Japanese broadcasters for more than 20 years and holds a leading position in the TV market in Japan.
CYBER SAMURAI (TalentEx)
A video pitch by one of the speakers
Result of the eventAt the pitch session, while the audience watched pitches, they could ask questions to Japanese companies, download presentation materials, and send requests for meetings with companies in real time. As a result, 90 people watched the streaming, and 183 presentation materials were downloaded.
And also, within the VIRTUAL REVERSE PITCH, were conducted:
- 62 Meeting Requests
- 29 Matchmakings
- 6 online meetings with a high probability of further cooperation
More than 60 percent of the audience was startups. Also, there were venture capital, accelerators, business incubators and universities. In addition to Russian and CIS citizens, there were participants from other countries (USA, Germany, Italy, Finland, Norway, etc.)
Event questionnaireAccording to the results of the event questionnaire, the event-organizing level and the opportunity to make a request to meet with companies were highly rated by the audience. Most of the participants liked the selected Japanese companies. On the other hand, many respondents noted that it would be great if registered users could get information about the needs of Japanese companies in advance.
Regarding the index NPS (Net Promoter Score)by Japanese companies, they rated the event at 60 points, which is quite a high score.
We believe that these are good results, so we will move further in this direction! If you want to know more about our events and activities, we highly recommend you to subscribe to our Facebook page, where we post information about contests, acceleration programs and events for startups and investors.
If you are a tech event organizer and would like to work with us, feel free write to us! We are open to new ideas!